Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's been a busy week. Steve went with Sadie's class on a field trip to Blue Springs to see the manatees. They had a great time but I will have to post pictures later. She took a disposable camera and I haven't developed them yet. Audrey was Head of the Herd for her Gentle Giraffe preschool class and Justin and I got to have a special lunch with her on Monday. I look a little drugged but it's the best picture we got. Justin had a ball with all the girls in the class. A ladies man already.








I finished the Twilight series and started reading The Red Heart by James Alexander Thom. I have high hopes for it because I LOVED his Follow The River. It was a heavy read, especially the beginning but it was an amazing story based on true events. I also re-read for about the 3rd time, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom in between the 2nd and 3rd Twilight books. That's a good one too. I'm really going to make that book list for my blog someday... I love to know what other people are reading so I can maybe read them myself.

Jackson and Sadie had their first loss in basketball last night. They played another undefeated team with a short, fast little firecracker who looked about 5 years old but could shoot like Michael Jordan. It was humbling for the team. :)

3 comments:

Melody said...

I never knew you read so much! You go Janet! And, yes, maybe when we have the pool finished we can get you all to come over by bribing you with it. We miss you guys!

Gabriela said...

Awwww. Is Justin always smiling? I wish he and Pedro could play (and the other kids of course). We got your Christmas card today-too cute. You always have the best ideas for Christmas pictures.

Sorry to Jackson and Sadie on their loss. :(

Happy said...

Hi Janet,
It's me, Happy! I saw your blog listed on Paul and Gladys' blog and so I check you guys out sometimes. I love your book list. I love to read and am always looking for a new good book. Here's the list I have on my blog of some of my favorites:

* The books on the wives of King Henry VIII by Jean Plaidy
* The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
* Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz
* Persuasion by Jane Austen
* The Children of the Promise (series) by Dean Hughes
* The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas