Thursday, February 21, 2008

More Cheese, Please!


I ate a piece of cheese yesterday. Actually, I ate 2 pieces. Now, it may seem like I'm grasping for something..anything to blog about, but having not had cheese for more than 7 months, this was truly exciting. I had to exercise serious control so as not to eat the entire block. Cheese is in the top 3 of my list of food weaknesses. Cheese, bread and ice-cream. Two of those have been strictly forbidden and tasty dairy-free bread wasn't easy to come by until I was allowed to have butter about a month ago.

I really wanted to just eat an entire bag of Oreos (they're dairy-free, believe it or not) and wash it down with a couple glasses of milk, but the doctor did not think this was wise so I have to take it slow and start small.

Justin seems to be fine so far, thank goodness for him. I hope he has outgrown the allergy. A life without ice-cream would be a miserable life.

Now, on to yogurt!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Wow, I am so impressed! It would be so hard for me to go without dairy. I think it's admirable that you did that for your baby. Most moms wouldn't have that kind of control or even the desire. I bet that cheese tasted wonderful!

Melody said...

You go girl! I remember that dairy free diet. It was not my friend either, except for the fact that my sweet Lauklan was a MUCH happier baby after I made the change.

Gabriela said...

Wow. 7 months??? You are amazing. What a lucky little baby. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.