Friday, February 20, 2009

What About Bob? (Word Of The Day)


bob:

In our house Bob is not a person's name. It's a thing.

It's not a good thing. It never is.

And I'm sorry if your name is Bob or your grandfather's name is Bob, but the fact is....Bob is a toot, tootie, fluff, that other f word I don't like to say that rhymes with blart, or whatever word normal households use for flatulence...

In context, this is how it's used.
"Ewww, who bobbed!!"
"Oh man, roll down the window. Somebody bobbed."
"Did you bob?"

Origination:
Legend has it that many years ago there was a certain older man named Bob.
So Bob used to sit in church and basically pass gas from time to time.
It was only natural that his name became synonymous with the act he was famous for.

There you have it. The word of the day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cute I will use BOB the next time/times the boys BOB. Which is quite often since they think it is funny and that is something I don't understand about boys. Thanks for the info.

Marisa said...

Janet -- would I know this bob? Since I went to the same church that you did and I remember rather colorful Bob, would it be one and the same? :)

Janet said...

Marisa - I'm sure you do!
Last name starts with a B. :)

Kelli said...

I remember being introduced to the term Bob. I never knew it was correlated to a person, though. I just thought it was a Waters family thing. Makes sense now. Funny.

Gabriela said...

hmmmmm. I'm really surprised that your family doesn't use Guapo's real name instead of Bob after the hours and hours poor Steve had to sit with him in biology classes. I can't imagine that this "Bob" fellow has anything on Guapo.

Melody said...

Your family is so cute! I love it!

Marisa said...

It IS the same Bob!!! :)

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

That is too funny!! I love the picture!!!

Jeanette said...

I'm just glad you don't call it Jeanette! :) ha ha