Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You Might Be A Redneck If...

you cut your kid's hair with a vacuum.

Looking back, that's what I should have titled that last post. I guess I can't deny the little bit of redneck in me. Oh well, it sure beats wrestling a 14 month old while holding scissors. :)

Okay, so I'm an admitted blog stalker. I'm not addicted or anything but I sometimes find myself looking at my usual friends' blogs but then blog hopping from there. I might see a name that looks familiar and then an even more familiar name will pop up and then I find myself wondering if they know the same people or maybe they're a cousin of a former roommate's boyfriend or something.
Anyway, sometimes I find some really good ones and bookmark them. 'Good ones' meaning it has a recipe or project I have to try or they often post cute crafty ideas and I have to check back later to see what's new.

Like this little gem of a craft.


I don't remember where it came from. I forgot to bookmark it, I just printed it out this time. It reminds me of the duct tape wallet and duct tape purses the kids and I have made in the past. Or even the Capri Sun purse I made for Sadie a few years ago. This Uno one was just too cute to pass up. I'm working on one using Go Fish cards for Audrey.

A couple of important notes for today.
My mom's pathology report came back negative for cancer cells in any of the tissue samples or lymph nodes they took during the surgery. She will have to be screened and tested every 3 months for the next 2 years and then if the news is still good, she will be tested every 6 months after that. I'm certain Heavenly Father heard our prayers on her behalf.
When we found out she would be having the hysterectomy, my younger brother, Paul, joked that he was sad that there would no longer be a chance of him getting the baby brother he always wanted. :)

Just a few minutes ago I found out that I'm a great aunt! I've always been a great aunt but now I'm a Great Aunt, as in my niece just had a baby girl today. Shouldn't I be like 60 or something?
Congratulations to Abbie and Adam!

2 comments:

Tobler Bunch said...

We are happy to hear the great news about your mom! The Lord does hear and answer prayers. Congratulations on becoming a "Great Aunt".

Lisa said...

I somehow found your blog. I guess I'm a bit of a blog hopper too! It's fun to read and see what you guys are up to! Check us out at http://lisababe23.blogspot.com.
Lisa (Henderson) Juhasz