Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Beauty Tips

That's right. Beauty tips from the girl who hates to shave her legs, wear makeup or perform any kind of nightly ritual to enhance her looks. I take a shower every day. That's about the extent of my beauty ritual, unless I'm going to church or somewhere special and then I spoil myself with some under eye concealer, mascara, a swipe of Vanilla Lip Smacker and my toes generally get a quick coat..over the old layer(s)...on the way.
But, I am not getting any younger and neither is my body, as is evident in my spider veins, some stray gray hairs (that no one sees but me because they're yanked as soon as they sprout) and my saggy boobs that basically disappear into my armpits when I lie down.

Anyway, I have recently discovered a few products that may help slow down the aging process.
Botox and a boob job. Ha!
Kidding.

Vaseline - It's been around for ages but my sister, Jill, recently told me she read somewhere that it is great to moisturize the skin around your eyes and reduce those fine lines. (Tyra Banks uses it on her elbows too.) I'm not a braggart but I don't really have any noticeable wrinkles around my eyes - YET - but I thought I would take some preventative measures. (The wrinkles are coming, I can tell.) When I used the Vaseline, I just rubbed in a tiny bit under my eyes and on the sides (crows feet area) before I went to bed. The skin seems to be brighter and softer when I do it, maybe because they're greasy, I don't know.



Ped Egg - As Seen On TV. Ever wonder if it works? It does.
Going off a tip from my sister, Marilyn, I tried it. It reminds me of a certain kitchen gadget (think zester) and if you don't think you'll gag dumping out your own pulverized feet flakes (sorry for the visual) or don't live in a foreign country where you can get cheap pedi's all the time, then give it a shot. Your feet will thank you.



Face Resurfacing - Sounds highly painful but it's not. I bought one of those little motorized face scrubbers with the cream and I really like it. It gets rid of any dull skin and my face is literally shiny after I do it. You might feel like you just got dragged across the ground at first but it's a nice feeling to have a squeaky clean face. I bought the Neutrogena one but I'm sure they all work the same.



There you have it. Nothing fancy. Just a few little pick-me-ups after a long day taking care of kids. I think I deserve it.

4 comments:

Melody said...

You ALWAYS crack me up!

I have so many gray hairs that if I pulled them, I'd be practically bald!

I DO have lines around my eyes and on my forehead, and I'm sorry to say, they are NOT fine lines.

I need these beauty tips. Thank you.

Celeste said...

I have the ped egg and my feet are definitely soft and luxurious. Strange thing for me to worry about especially since the ped egging of my heals is quite a workout, but I do love it :)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, the guys here at work are wondering what I was laughing out loud about. I know what you mean about feeling the wrinkles coming. I have been feeling them pop up in the Last year or so. My age is starting to appear quickly. Thanks for the tips.

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

I love these tips! I'm a vaseline fan too; Rob's always asking me what's wrong with my eyes at night because they look so shiny with vaseline smeared around them. It also helps to put it on under my concealer if my skin is dry. I'm going to try the ped egg and the face resurfacing thing!!