Audrey (from the back seat of the car): "Mom, I feel a little sick and I even threw up a little in my mouth but it didn't come all the way up it only came up to my uvula but not past that it's a good thing it only came up to my uvula and not out of my mouth all over the van but I swallowed it down maybe my uvula stopped it from coming out."
Me (driving, scratching my head trying to figure out what a 'uvula' is): "Yeah, it's a good thing. What did you say you think stopped it from coming out?"
Audrey: "My uvula."
Me: "Oh. Yeah. Good thing."
At this point I'm pretty sure she is referring to that hangy thing in the back of her throat, but she is famous for mispronunciation, and I adore it so I hardly ever correct her, unless I think she's going to be embarrassed by it someday (I was thinking this could be one of those times).
Me (driving, scratching my head trying to figure out what a 'uvula' is): "Yeah, it's a good thing. What did you say you think stopped it from coming out?"
Audrey: "My uvula."
Me: "Oh. Yeah. Good thing."
At this point I'm pretty sure she is referring to that hangy thing in the back of her throat, but she is famous for mispronunciation, and I adore it so I hardly ever correct her, unless I think she's going to be embarrassed by it someday (I was thinking this could be one of those times).



Well, I didn't want to correct her without knowing what the real word is, so I waited until we got home to look it up.
Turns out, that little hangy thing in the back of your throat is called a uvula and she learned it in Kindergarten.
I'll never underestimate her again.
3 comments:
They sure do have a way of teaching us more than we teach them. Don't they?
So funny, thanks for making me laugh!
That was like Maddie's 3rd body part she learned. Nose, eyes, uvula. Jaden was really excited to teach her that. You should hear her say it and watch her point to it when Jaden asks, "Maddie, where's your uvula?" It's so cute. I'm glad it helped Audrey from throwing up! I miss her!
j
Post a Comment