For the last 5 years (this will be 6), my friend Jeanette and I have exchanged ugly ornaments every year for Christmas.
Each year we try to one-up each other and give the ugliest.
Sometimes she wins, but mostly I do. ☺
Not that she hasn't given me some real doozies in years past.
(the fact that she is an ornament with a name is a sure bet she's gonna be ugly)
and it somehow ended up on my Christmas tree:
I don't have any pictures of what I have sent her in the past but I have one for this year, I just can't post it until she gets it in the mail.
But that little guy was a honeymoon purchase, handmade by the people of St. Maarten and he's had a special place on our tree for the last 13 years.
So what if my kids are a little confused about what race Santa is and whether he rides a sleigh or a tricycle? They don't care, just as long as he gets here.
♫ I don't care how you get here. Just get here if you can. ♫
(You know that was in your head too... ☺)
7 comments:
Very cool, indeed.
What a fun tradition!
I like black Santa on a trike. Pretty cool.
Those cupcakes are awesome and what a great teacher gift idea! Thanks for the tip.
I think this is cute idea. I do love the Santa on the trike. I can't wait to see the one you send Jeanette this year.
Hi guys!! We were so glad you got in touch with us...Will you email your address so I can send a christmas card? Also, we have been wondering forever what house you were living at when sam borrowed it to propose almost 12 years ago? We live in the tree streets now and can't figure it out.
brynstclair@yahoo.com
Ha Ha what a funny tradition- I love it! Those ornaments are so funny- and so ugly!!
I want to do that too!!! BTW, DUH! I figured out that the recipe that I needed was actually right under my nose! I made them last night -- they were easier than I thought, SOOOO Cute and even more delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Marisa
I'll have to send you pics of the ones you've sent me. Oh Franny, i miss her. I'm glad you put a pic of her on there.
luv j
Post a Comment