The usually shy and introverted Justin was the most comfortable I have ever seen him around my parents and by the morning of day two was saying "Hi Namma (Grandma)" and "Hi DeeDaddy (Grandaddy)" every time he walked past them.
We all had a great time with everyone as usual, although I personally won't miss sitting in the family room with my parents during every Viagra or Cialis commercial that could possibly air in 5 days.
Reminds me of being about 12, watching sitcoms, with my dad being the only other person in the room, and a tampon commercial undoubtedly coming on at some point. At which time I would suddenly need to go get a drink.
Anyway, the kids played hard with their cousins. They look forward to these visits with intensity and e-mail back and forth for days ahead of time, making plans. The plans usually include sleepovers, movie nights, slurpees and filming movies to post to YouTube.
We always get together one night to play some shootout on the basketball court, where I can usually hang with the men until nearly the end thank you very much. I don't have any pictures to prove that, but I took some pictures of our Easter Egg Hunt at the park, where the kids colored eggs and hunted for eggs loaded with candy and money.
Justin tried to taste the egg first.
Then he slam-dunked them into the cups.
The big kids hiding the eggs.
The little kids finding the eggs.
Spring Break = dress yourself and brush your own hair.
↓
Sadie helped hide the eggs and then helped the little kids find them.



The Easter Bunny brought books and Bendaroos (which were a huge hit) and a little candy and I completely forgot to take pictures Easter morning. Duh!
Good times.
4 comments:
makes me wish we lived closer to family...
What fun!
THAT IS SO GREAT THAT YOU ALL WERE ABLE TO SPEND SPRING BREAK WITH THE FAMILY. GREAT FAMILY MEMORIES FOR THE KIDS.
Sounds wonderful!
Miss you guys!
Ha Ha Audrey's outfit cracks me up!! That's a good rule; I should start that! But Caleb would probably just walk around naked...Cute pictures; it looks like you guys had a great Easter!
Post a Comment