Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Joke's On Me This Year

I have been sick all week, and especially so on April 1st. So, I declared the entire week April Fools Week, just in case I got to feeling better, which didn't really happen until yesterday, but I did manage to pull off a couple of simple, no major planning required pranks on Steve on April Fools Day.

When he went to work in the morning this is what he showed the security guard to get in:


And as a backup in case he used his drivers license as an ID:



I was thinking I had gone with the monkey face sticker but I guess I went with the baby faces. LOL

Then when he got home from work he noticed a little piece of string hanging out of the kitchen ceiling AC vent. I think he was skeptical at first but pulled on it and a strategically placed cup of water poured onto him. he he

And then there's Jackson who can't resist a challenge. I tricked him with the old funnel trick, where you put a quarter on top of your head and then tip your head forward and try to catch it in the funnel that is stuck in the front of your pants. When he tried to do it I poured a glass of cold water in the funnel. It was pretty funny to see his shocked face. Then he turned around and did it to 2 of his friends. He also wore a sling to school and told everyone he sprained his arm. That's my boy.

The kids were almost depressed that I was sick and didn't make a crazy dinner so I did it tonight. We had "pie" which was actually meat loaf in a pie crust with pink mashed potatoes. And "fish sticks" which were really sugar wafer cookies coated in peanut butter and rolled in crushed corn flakes, with some "ketchup" (strawberry jam) to dip them in. New food ideas courtesy of Family Fun. The kids thought everything was pretty cool despite my lumpy mashed potato "frosting".

They were all dang lucky I was sick this year. This just means next year is going to be twice as fun!




3 comments:

Gabriela said...

I went back to lasts year's post for ideas. I made quail eggs and little toasts for breakfast-Guapo just thought I was weird.

We tricked Guapo that Julio got in a fight at school and Margarita gave him a nice looking black eye. But it wasn't so funny when the next day at school his teacher asked me if I heard about the "problem" Julio had had at school the day before. :(

You are my April Fool's Day inspiration- watch out in 2010!

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

how funny! what great ideas! I never do anything for April fools; it's one of those holidays that I never remember about until it is over. At like 10 at night last wednesday I was like, "oh yeah, today was april fools." there's always next year!

Tamara said...

Holy Cow Janet! You are the queen of April 1st. I love reading about your exploits!