Monday, December 10, 2007

Jiggle, Jiggle


I have all these funny stories about the kids swirling through my head that I've been meaning to write down before they get forgotten. So, I'll do a couple of them today. About a month or so after Justin was born Audrey (then, age 4.5) and I were walking through Walmart and she starts smacking my behind as we walked. I said, "Why are you smacking my booty." She said, "Because it jiggles when I do it." Short pause while we keep walking. "Actually(favorite word these days), it jiggles when you walk." Another short pause, still walking, trying to ignore her. "Actually, your arms jiggle too." I'm wanting to say, "Cut me some slack! I just had a baby!" not that she would see my point, but I was just cracking up. So, then she starts chanting, "Jiggle-jiggle. Jiggle-jiggle." At which point I put her in someone's grocery cart and walked away. Just kidding. She's a funny girl. That story actually reminds me of about this time last year when Steve was jogging through a neighborhood and chewed out a bunch of kids that were laughing and pointing out his "Man Boobs" bouncing up and down as he jogged. They used a less tasteful word but the insult was the same. We have had a good laugh about that one many times!
One more from Audrey. She is blessed with some of the same little "beauty marks", aka moles, on her face around her mouth that I have. We were standing in line at Chipotle on Saturday, paying for our food when she whispered in my ear, "How come some people have silver moles?" I couldn't figure it out until I saw her staring at the cashier, who had her lip pierced with a tiny little diamond. I love all of her questions, like "What does, 'No time to lose' mean?" (from her obsession with Scooby-Doo) She is just a treat to have around and I miss her while she's at preschool. I'm really going to miss her next year when she's gone every day to kindergarten.

2 comments:

Melody said...

So cute! I can just see you two in Wal-Mart. Funny...
Sorry Steve, but I'm sure you'll have them, if they do actually exist, taken care of soon.

Gladys said...

Love hearing all the fun stories! Love you-