Monday, February 4, 2008

Labels

Tonight our Family Home Evening lesson was about looking for the good in each other. We sort of stole this idea from SuperNanny. We talked about how it feels when we say something negative about another person. We wrote the negative word on a label and stuck it to the person to demonstrate how it becomes a label for them if you think that of them. Then each of us wrote down things we love about each other and stuck them on each other. I plan to stick positive labels on the kids at random times as they come in the door from school or whatever. It seemed to go well, even though at one point we had to have Sadie change her "weird" label for Jackson to something more positive. Even if she did "mean it in a good way".





2 comments:

Melody said...

I also saw that on Supernanny and loved it. I am glad to know that you all had fun with it.

Tobler Bunch said...

I am stealing your idea for our FHE this Sunday. I am in charge of it and this looks like a good one. The kids love it when they have hands on and it requires creativity. Thanks! I love your blog. The kids are absolutely gorgeous, especially that littlest bundle of joy. Francys