Friday, March 7, 2008

Donuts With Dad


Yesterday was Donuts With Dad at Audrey's preschool. Steve had a nice time last year so he was expecting much of the same this year. Eat donuts, show the dads around the classroom, bask in all the wonderful things Audrey has to say about him.
Well....not everything she said was wonderful.
Let me preface this a little. The kids answer questions about their dads and Miss Shannon writes them down. Verbatim.
Last year one of the kids in Audrey's class filled in the blank on this question, 'My Dad always _____________.' with "DRINKS BEER". Her mother was mortified and said they would have to move. We laughed and laughed because our daughter would never say something so embarrassing.
Last year Audrey talked about how she loves her dad and all the fun stuff they do together. This year was very similar in how she gushed about how handsome he is, how nice he is and how fun he is.
Then she volunteered some other little bits of information.

Here is the entire questionnaire:

*My Dad is handsome.
*He is about 33 years old.
*He has brown hair and brown eyes.
*He looks the most handsome when he wears his church clothes.
*At work my Dad types some stuff on the computer at work.
*I like to go to the park with my Dad.
*Most of the time he goes on the computer.
*He is funniest when he says "beefy" and does a lot of tooties that smells like raw beef.
*My Dad's favorite food is I don't really know.
*The nicest thing my Dad does for me is he does little traps for me.
*When I do something that I shouldn't do, he puts me in time out.
*I know my Dad loves me because I'm really pretty.

Steve says we don't have to move but he's never going back to that school again.
I can't wait for Muffins With Mom.

9 comments:

Happy said...

Oh wow, that made me laugh really hard! Thanks for a good laugh!!!!

Melody said...

Classic! Gotta love those kids...

Tamara said...

That is hilarious!

Gabriela said...

Guapo's going to LOVE this. The do ask some leading questions, don't you think? :)

good luck with with Muffins With Mom. If it were me I'd be watching my every step (and tooty!). :)

Gabriela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Steve,

Jacquie showed this to me. I don't remember them being "Beefy" so much as "Fruity". Keep up the good work.

Dan

Janet said...

Message to Dan...

I'm still trying to perfect the art of "throwing" them, as you used to like to do in Dr. Bradshaw's class. Perhaps when you're done seeing the world you'll teach me the finer points of your skills.

Janet said...

By the way, that comment to Dan was from Steve, not Janet.

Anonymous said...

that is really funny!lol. i showed my mom and she cracked up.