Easter weekend was very nice. We went to a primary activity at church in the morning where the kids had a pancake breakfast and a talent show. All the primary kids were so cute. Some did headstands, played the flute, sang and dribbled a soccer ball. Jackson demonstrated some tennis strokes and Sadie and Audrey brought artwork to display. It was a lot of fun.
Almost as fun as our Second Annual Family Talent Show we had for Family Home Evening a few weeks ago. It was a night filled with ballet, the Cha-Cha Slide, breakdancing, singing in Spanish by Steve (who knew?) and juggling by Yours Truly (my hidden talent).
We colored and hunted eggs Saturday afternoon with Jill's family and a few kids from the neighborhood, including this unidentified boy who snuck into the hunt:

Can you blame him? We had so many eggs filled with candy and money that each kid got to hunt for 28 eggs!




We stayed home for Easter dinner on Sunday and enjoyed a nice quiet day together.
Tonight, for Family Home Evening, we talked about a story that our Bishop related when he spoke at church yesterday, which was a story that President Hinckley related several years ago. You can read it here in a message by President Faust. It's the one about the schoolhouse. It's a great story to bring home (especially for kids) what the Savior did for us when He atoned for our sins. I am thankful for my sure knowledge of the Atonement and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. I hope I can live a life worthy of His great sacrifice.
2 comments:
I can't get over how much your girls look like you. So pretty! I love that Jackson was out there hunting for eggs. Dallin didn't really want to, but he was a good sport. It was fun to see him helping the little kids. I can't believe I didn't have my kids dye eggs this year. I just kind of skipped that this year. Oh well! It looks like fun and I love that you did it outside.
Love the unidentified kid-that's too funny.
28 eggs each? Wow.
Post a Comment