Except I'm still carrying him. Especially lately, since he's become such a Momma's Boy.
We celebrated his birthday last weekend by taking him to Disney on Saturday. We're only season pass holders, not annual, so the summer is off limits to us, so we try to cram in as many visits as we can before June 8th. Then we let the tourists sweat to death while standing in 2 hour lines all summer.
Anyway, Justin's favorites were the It's A Small World ride
(I know, he's bordering on a mullet, but I want enough hair to have a good chunk to save when we cut it)and getting stuck on the People Mover with Audrey and me for 25 minutes.

Not the Buzz Lightyear ride.

We had cake and ice-cream and presents on Sunday. My normally happy baby boy was very fussy all day (isn't that how it always goes?) so it was a little tricky getting him to smile. He didn't touch the cake after he licked the frosting off the clown heads.

He just cried and cried.

The video we took of him is even better.
He couldn't have cared less about his presents the kids so carefully wrapped.

Except when he opened his new Goodnight Moon (4 kids and 3 copies later).

He gets so excited on the first page. When we get to a black and white page, he flips past them and then leans in real close to see the color pages.

Justin gave me a present shortly after his 11 month update when he said "ma ma" for the first time. It was music to my ears! Since then, he's been babbling more and just last week said "da da da da". I'm less worried now about his progression but not totally secure yet.
It turns out he's been cranky because he caught a stomach thing (probably from licking the handbar on Small World). He was down to nursing just at night before bed but now he will only nurse and not eat a thing so we're back to square one on the weaning.
The quilt I was working on for him was done but I am now taking it apart because I want to change it a little. I know, I'm crazy.
2 parties down, 2 more to go...
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Justin! Time sure does fly!
Awwwwwww, happy birthday Justin! Such a sweet boy. Looks like you guys had fun at Disneyworld. My kids would be jealous.
Ok. So I STILL haven't weaned Pedro. 15 months old next week. Help!
(that was me btw, my comment showed up twice)
He is such a cutie! I can't believe he's one already! They grow up too fast... Looks like you had fun... even with a fussy little one. I remember those days. By the way, I love the clown cake! You are so creative and I bet it tasted yummy!
Post a Comment