We had a blast on our trip out west. So much so, that I actually was not ready to come home. That's a shocker because usually after a week I'm done. It must be because some of our kids are older now. Before, our vacations were more work than staying at home.
Justin wins the "Baby Traveler Of The Year Award" hands down. He put up with a lot of flying, driving, hiking, strangers and sleeping in those strangers' houses and hotels. I think he gave up on thinking we were going home anytime soon because he started letting people hold him and got comfy in the car for the long drives.
He did awesome on the plane, both ways. The only complaint would probably be from the guy he dumped ice water on during the flight home. He was really nice about it but we still had an hour left in the flight to endure the embarrassment and even then we had to look at his wet pants while we waited at the bag claim for our stuff.
Anyway, we're recovering nicely. I am revved up to cook every night because if I have to eat out again in the near future, I might scream. We're doing a sugar detox since the clothes I took on the trip no longer fit by the end of the trip.
The jet lag is not a problem. How could 4 kids sleeping in until 10:30 be a problem?
I took many, many pictures. Many more than I could ever post on this blog at one time so I'll have to do some here and there. The kids had their own disposable cameras too. Audrey used hers up between the airplane trip out there and Temple Square. She was so cute taking pictures of everything pretty.
A big thanks goes to our friends (who will remain anonymous in case they want to be anonymous) who put up with us and all our baggage when we stayed with them for 5 days. We had so much fun with them! Our kids are great friends and were inseparable the whole time.
Jackson and Jaden taking a break while hiking the Y.
I know. Scary. I didn't know they were up there until they were up there. Then I yelled for them to get down....as soon as I take a picture.
Regan and Audrey at Bridal Veil Falls.
Sadie and Riley hiking the Y.
Maddie putting the moves on Justin. He was playing hard to get.
Timp Cave was cool.
Bowling was fun.
Check out that form.
Park City was a big hit.
Water skiing was a blast.
They even let us tour the Conference Center after hiking, despite our dirty sweaty selves.
Good times had by all. I'll post some Montana pics later...
2 comments:
Glad you're back, and did you think my little man would behave any other way? ;)
I love Utah! I'm glad you had a fun time! I love your comment about the jet lag.
Post a Comment