We made it! It feels like we've been here for a long time because we're cramming in everything there is to do every day. We spent 5 days in Utah, staying with our good friends, doing all the touristy things like Temple Square, hiking to Timp Cave, Park City, Bridal Veil Falls, Sundance, even doing a little bowling at BYU. Of course, there were a couple of visits to Hogi Yogi to satisfy my 5 year craving for a yogi. We've moved on to Montana, having fun with Steve's family. I'll post pics of all that later.
My mom was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer about 3 weeks ago. It's been a little bit of a stressful several weeks waiting on test results and then getting a grasp on the results and then waiting for the surgery. She had surgery on Friday to remove the uterus, tubes, ovaries, cervix and all the surrounding lymph nodes. The surgery was laproscopic so her recovery should not be as difficult as it could have been. I'm happy to say our prayers were answered and the doctor didn't see any visible signs that the cancer had spread beyond the uterus. It's a relief for now but he took samples of the surrounding organs and we will have to wait another week to see if any cancer cells are found in those. All the waiting has been difficult for all of us but my mom is a trooper and an extremely faithful lady. I don't like that I'm not there but she's surrounded by probably more people than she wants around and is well taken care of. When I talked to her 2 days post surgery, she was up and moving around like normal. We'll go see her when we get back and she will hopefully be feeling good and well into the recovery.
5 comments:
I can't wait to see your pictures. It sounds like so much fun!
Thank you for the update on your mom. We are praying for her. Please keep us posted. :)
I hope your mom is ok! How stressful for you.
Sounds like you are having fun other than that. Too bad we'll miss you guys. Maybe next year!
How did I not know about your Mom? I'll keep her my thoughts and prayers. Have fun and come home safe :)
Thanks so much for letting us thru your blog about your mom. We will keep her in our prayers. Gosh, she is an amazing lady for sure and I know she will get past this with much faith and strength. Keep us posted.
Francys
Thanks so much for letting us thru your blog about your mom. We will keep her in our prayers. Gosh, she is an amazing lady for sure and I know she will get past this with much faith and strength. Keep us posted.
Francys
Post a Comment