Saturday, June 21, 2008

Twelve Years and random stuff

Steve and I got married twelve years ago. I remember being 21 and thinking about how old some of my siblings were to have big kids, some 10 years old or more. Now, I'm one of them.

Here we are in all of our youngness.




Honeymoon.

Too bad no one taught me how to pluck my eyebrows until I was like 30.

I tried on my wedding dress today to see how it would fit but I couldn't zip it in the still lactating area of my body.
I remember getting fit for the dress and then stuffing my face for 6 weeks or so (most brides-to-be starve themselves, but not me) and then putting it on for my wedding day and it was a little more snug than the day I tried it on.
Ahhh, the memories.

A side note: My Justin has been sleeping through the night every night since the training! I could be wrong but he has seemed a little mad at me. I think he still loves me though.

Another side note: My gardenia bush is actually thriving!!! This is despite one of the seasons (girls in the neighborhood named Autumn and Summer) pulling the buds off when we first planted it. It puts out beautiful, fragrant blooms. They turn brown kinda fast but if I pull them off and bring them inside they smell good for several days. I'm lovin' it.

7 comments:

Melody said...

Congratulations! Those were the days, weren't they?

Jennifer said...

if your wedding pic, you look so much like Sadie, or I guess at least as I recall her.

Kyle said...

Gosh you are soooooooo old! You are Steve are the cutest couple!!!! I love seeing the pictures. Your wedding dress is so pretty! and your eyebrows look fine you silly! Happy anniversary!!!! I love seeing happy couples that go through life together and grow stronger and closer.

Kyle said...

Your new header picture is BEAUTIFUL! Your kids have some good genes. I love each of their expressions! And the colors are amazing.

Gabriela said...

LOL at about plucking-I practically have a monobrow in our wedding pictures.

12 years ago-working together at hogie yogie-good times, good times.

Happy Anniversary!

Celeste said...

Congrats....but seriously I thought these pics were brand new ;)

Tamara said...

Now that is the Janet and Steve I remember...and I always thought you had great eyebrows...