Monday, January 12, 2009

Technology


After 60 years of being deaf in his left ear, my dad can hear again. He had surgery a few months ago to prepare his ear for an attachment he received just this morning. This was his response to my e-mail asking him if he can hear me yet.

"I got it this morning, and I can hear you loud and clear. I hear every little thing: keys rattling, coins clinking in my pocket, and I can hear it clearly when I rub my fingers over the fabric in my shirt sleeve.
It will take some getting used to, because I still can't tell the direction that sound is coming from, but that will improve with time.
I've been listening to Kathleen Battle, Anne Murray and Roberta Flack all afternoon, and I can understand every word.
"

Guess I'm gonna have to watch my mouth from now on....

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Woo hoo..That's awesome!! Hopefully he'll still enjoy all those grandchildren around him all the time. J/K ! Missed you all sunday, hope all is well:)

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think this is so wonderful.