Thursday, February 26, 2009

DVR

Ever since we got DVR (or TiVo) I have DVR moments. Like if I miss something, I think I can rewind time to see what I missed.

For example, I'll turn the radio on in the car and hear the very end of a song that I really like so I think I can just hit a rewind button and get it back to the beginning so I can hear the entire song and sing my guts out.

Or I'll be listening to someone talking to me and I'll get all glassy-eyed and zone out for a minute while I'm wondering if I added dishwasher soap to my grocery list or something like that. Then all of a sudden I realize I missed something important in the conversation so I'll think for a split second that I can just rewind the conversation a little to hear what I missed. Then I realize I can't rewind anything so I have an Oh Crap moment.

Today I had one of those DVR moments. This time though, I was thinking instead of only rewinding the moment, I could actually change the outcome too.
It didn't work so it was shortly followed by an Oh Crap moment.

When I backed out of the driveway to go get the kids from school today I ran over Sadie's longboard.



Ah, the coveted longboard. Sadie and Jackson begged for one for Christmas (yeah, just two short months ago) and I happen to know exactly how much Santa spent on that longboard so that's why I was under the delusion that I could use the rewind feature on the DVR in my head and look behind and under the car before I get in and back out.
Since I'm not really equipped with a DVR in my head I was at least grateful it wasn't a child.
And I think it can be repaired without having to buy a new deck {the board without the trucks (wheels)} by just cutting the end of the deck off where it split and moving the trucks up to make a shorter board.
That's right, I'm hip with the longboard lingo.

Now, if only I could fast forward through folding the laundry...

6 comments:

Gabriela said...

I so know what you mean...

Jill said...

I do that all the time too! Poor Sadie and poor Santa.

Jennifer said...

That stinks. I have those moments too and I still don't have DVR or Tivo.

Anonymous said...

I AM ALWAYS THINKING THE SAME THING. I WISH I COULD EXPRESS IT AS ELOQUENT AS YOU DO. I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT SADIE'S LONGBOARD BUT IF ANYONE CAN COME UP WITH A WAY TO FIX IT THAT WOULD BE YOU!

Celeste said...

This is how you and I differ from one another. You feel bad and try to fix it. I throw the thing in the street and say "Sadie, someone ran over your longboard."

Jeanette said...

Good think you can actually fix things like that. I'd just toss it and say too bad! You're such a good mom!