Does this mean 7 years of bad luck? Good luck?
Nah, it just means a new mirror. Maybe a whole new bathroom, that's what I want. When we moved here we bought the house we could afford. We bought the house we loved the best out of the ones we could afford. And I do love it. Maybe because it was built around the time I was born. But probably because it has been a labor of love. Literally, a lot of blood, sweat and tears have been put into this baby with some more updating yet to be done. Someday we will probably move and I'll be really sad (my parents said the same thing about 45 years ago and never budged).
Anyway, that isn't even the reason I was posting. I just wanted to post a picture and that's what I came up with.
I am choosing today to March Forth with some of my goals that have taken second chair recently with holidays, post holidays, sick kids (multiple times), basketball season, blah blah blah, so many excuses for my rut.
I guess the Number One priority is to use my time more wisely. I don't think blogging is a waste of time. I'm preserving history here. Besides, it only takes a few minutes to post something (most of the time).
Facebook is a whole other story. I'm slowly burning out on it anyway so not really a problem.
My scale is telling me "Girl, a little too much eating and not enough exercising lately" so I'm back on exercising regularly instead of here and there. Even if a coughing child keeps me up all night.
You know how when you move out of a place you get rid of all the stuff you've acquired (aka: junk) since you moved in? Well, we usually have moved by now so I'm pretending we are moving and getting rid of lots of stuff. Simplify. There is nothing like it.
I love my kids. I post about them often because they are my life, my purpose in being alive at this moment and I enjoy being around them. There is something special about a child at any age. I have loved each age, milestone and era that my kids have entered.
Don't get me wrong, my kids drive me crazy and get on my nerves. I wish they would hear me the first time when I ask them if their homework is done or to go take a shower. They disobey. I get mad and make threats to ground them and sometimes actually follow through. They fight with each other. They are so noisy, I have to hide in the garage to make a phone call.
But they're kids and they deserve the best I can give them and that's a happy mom who uses her time wisely so that she's available to help them, play with them and enjoy them. I'll make a better effort to save my projects to be worked on, blogging, emailing, reading and all other hobbies to be done during nap time or bed time.
Now, if you'll excuse me. Justin is napping and the treadmill is calling my name!
7 comments:
WHAT A GREAT POST, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! GREAT JOB
:) I know just what you mean.
Good post...we're on the same wavelengths. This was great motivator!
I miss you. Can you pass some motivation over here? Just still down 3 and grumpy or i guess you would call it pmsy. (Does that count for a word?)
Every time you blog it is cute! So not fair!
I think you need to tutor me on blogging!
I just need tell you that I find you to be AMAZING !!!!!!!
You sound like the same ole awesome janet- thanks for letting me share with your blogging efforts.
When are you coming to Utah again? I know I won't be coming to Florida anytime soon because I have Grad school in the Fall but someday I'm a commin
Post a Comment