Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Mother Of All Days

What a great idea - Mother's Day.

I thought for sure it was going to be a bad day when I woke up feeling quite cruddy with a stuffy nose, sore throat, itchy eyes and achy all over. I even missed church and the whole handing out of the carnations thing. So I slept for awhile and took a shower. I'm all about the "mind over matter thing" and I'm positive about "the better you look, the better you feel", so I got all gussied up while chanting, "I'm not sick. I feel awesome."

And it worked! I think I have either allergies or a little sinus thing going on but my body was just plain exhausted from a long week culminating in a garage sale that I committed to (and was reminded why I swore I would never do one again).

We took off to visit my parents and family and had a great time. The kids delivered roses to my mom (it's also her birthday this week), gave me their usual adorable cards and pictures and smothered me with hugs and kisses. Audrey declared she could hug me forever when I wear my housecoat (which is funny because it makes me look like a granny and I'll have to take a picture of it but I'm too lazy to do it right now).

The dishes are done (by Steve), the kids went to bed with nary a complaint, I'm looking at the gorgeous bouquet of flowers from my man. Life is good.

Happy Mother's Day to all you great moms out there!

5 comments:

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Happy late Mother's Day! Yours sounds like it was really nice! I'm not surprised you felt crappy after doing a garage sale. we had one a few months ago and that was the worst Saturday morning of my life. never again. I'd rather just give everything away.

Anonymous said...

I AM GLAD IT TURNED OUT WONDERFUL FOR YOU. HAPPY BELATED MOTHERS DAY!

Tamara said...

Happy late mother's day! I am glad to hear it turned out fun. BTW, tell Steve I am uber impressed with his trampoline skills :)

Jeanette said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are an awesome mom. :)

Melody said...

You are wonderful!!!
Happy Mother's Day to you!