Many of her family members and friends were in attendance. Her Grandpa spoke about Baptism and her brother Jackson spoke about the Holy Ghost. I finished sewing her dress just a few hours before. As much as I get mad at my sewing machine, it sure has cranked out a lot of things over the past 10 years. And that's despite me running over it with my van about 5 years ago!
The night before her baptism we had a huge birthday party full of sin and transgression so she could get it all out of her system.
I didn't take many pictures. In the dark they just don't do the decorations justice, but we did a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory theme. The invitations were golden tickets wrapped around candy bars. We projected the movie onto a screen outside, which they watched from time to time but mostly jumped on the trampoline and drank from the chocolate fountain.
There are tons of ideas online for games but after doing this same party for Jackson a few years ago we know that simple is better so we chose just a few. Here are most of the kids after the "Fizzy Lifting Drink" burping contest. A couple of them look a little queasy after chugging root beer.
Anyway, it was lots of fun and a big mess afterward but the hired help (Steve's parents and my sister and her husband) made the cleanup go quickly. Just in time to host the post baptism meal for 30something people the next day!
3 comments:
Oh! She is so beautiful! She is getting so tall!!! I wish we could have been there. I can't believe she is 8!
Congrats and happy birthday to Audrey!! She looks so pretty in her dress- great job!
I ran into your blog from a friend of a friend of a friend. What a beautiful family you have! It touched my heart just to see Audrey all dressed in white. What a special day for your family. :)
Post a Comment