Sunday, January 25, 2009

Word Of The Day

{the first in my new series featuring words we use in our family that make us different (weird) from other families}


food•dance - definition: shuffling of the feet, snapping of the fingers, sometimes a wiggling of the booty, due to the excitement of finally getting to feed one's hungry belly; the dance is usually performed while one's food is being prepared or heating in the microwave; in extreme cases of hunger the dance continues as one eats one's food; the most animated food dance usually occurs after a three hour church service and is sometimes accompanied with humming or singing;
not to be confused with the potty dance, which is similar to the food dance but is accompanied with a panic stricken face

6 comments:

Gabriela said...

Love it!!!

Celeste said...

Awesome!! We all have words don't we? I'm gonna think of some of ours and let you know.

Melody said...

I just love you guys! Very cute.

Jennifer said...

Yes, we know the food dance as well as the potty dance!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS GREAT, I AM SURE MY BOYS ARE DOING SOMETHING SIMILAR ESPECIALLY WHEN THEIR FAVORITE THING IS COOKING.

Jeanette said...

I'm always inspired when i read your blog Janet. I think i could use some of your great ideas for mine. But as you know...i never do! you're the best! i miss you and i'll SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)